Friday, December 14, 2012

Pocket

One of my favorite things about my Galaxy Note 2 or any device running Android is how easy it to stay connected to what I want to do even on multiple devices. As I've said before I'm on my home desktop, my work desktop, back to my phone and sometimes on a tablet all at various locations and at various times of the day.

This little app called Pocket allows me to do some neat things. First I can be on my desktop computer with either the Chrome browser extension installed or the Firefox extension installed and then anytime just  hit the little pocket in the top right corner of the screen. The page site I'm looking at will be properly formatted and sent to my phone for reading later (offline too!)

I hit this little button in the top right of the browser. 


And then a little pop up appears jn the browser telling me the article was sent to my phone. 



Then I go to my phone or my tablet and open the Pocket app and the article is there all nicely formatted. 



In addition to that, many apps on my phone have a 'share via' function built into them. If I hit that button I have the option of sending it to Pocket for later offline browsing on the phone or switching back to my desktop and going to the Pocket website. Great!
  
If you go between devices and locations or you find yourself not wanting to use your data plan but still want web page reading on the go this is your app. Go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment